Tuesday, August 12, 2008

ER Visit

Well we were on a roll and made it almost a month w/out any dr visits or anything until today. The girls were running through the house (even after we had told them several times to settle down) and mckayla fell and hit the corner by the den. It is wood and very sharp. Well we heard the thud and knew she was hurt. She got up crying and had a huge goose egg in the middle of her forehead. Scott really thought it was about to split so we got ice on it and I started rounding up shoes for the ER visit. it kept getting bigger but finally went down some. We decided to still go the the ER since it was her head. I called my mom to come get pandi b/c I knew she would be lots of fun up there. mom met us in the parking lot.


They were ver y sweet to us at the ER. It only took about 45 min. They examined her and since she didn't pass out or vomit we will just watch her for a couple of days but she should be fine. I think she will skip gymnastics tonight. I am still having a get together tonight despite today's exciting activity. here is the aftermath pic. it looks much better and has been a couple of hrs.
And the moral of the story is NO RUNNING IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

No comments: